Augustana Care 2016 Annual Report
Letter from the President and Board Chair
People give to nonprofit organizations for a variety of reasons. Those who give to Augustana Care say they want to help older generations thrive—just as we do. They tell us they’re impressed by dedicated employees who care passionately about those we serve. Our work would not be possible without all those who give their time and money so generously to Augustana Care.
That’s why this year’s annual report celebrates your generosity. We also want to share our new strategic plan with donors, volunteers, employees, strategic partners, church affiliates and others who support our mission. The plan articulates our vision for the future: seeing Augustana Care become known as a national, innovative leader of services for older adults, a good steward of resources and a collaborative partner responsive to social ministry needs.
Our plan contains five strategic goals:
- Provide a higher quality, more efficient (and resident/patient centered) continuum of service—and promote independent, meaningful living for older adults and others in need
- Anticipate and respond to the changing landscape of older adult services
- Invest wisely in innovative models and systems that increase Augustana Care’s ability to create a positive impact on older adults and others in need
- Ensure financial security through sound operations and growth in charitable giving
- Advance Augustana Care as an employer of choice for employees and volunteers
Your commitment to making life better for those we serve is a crucial part of our efforts. While we can only share a few stories in these pages, we hope they’ll give you an idea of what we can do together.