For more than a century, compassionate and competent volunteers have shared joys, celebrations and creative passions with residents.
If you are looking for opportunities to use your talents in a faith-filled environment—and the chance to learn, grow and serve others, the Augustana Care Volunteer Program may be perfect for you. Volunteers are needed in a wide variety of roles, many with flexible time commitments. Augustana Care depends on the involvement of volunteers to fulfill its mission. We hope you will consider being a part of our volunteer team.
Click here to view current volunteer opportunities
Current Augustana Care Volunteer Opportunities
If you don’t see an activity here that interests you, please contact us to share your ideas. We are continually developing new volunteer possibilities.
Location options and contact information
You may also contact the representative at the location that best suits your interests and needs for more information about volunteer opportunities. Please ask for the Volunteer Director.
- Augustana Care Health and Rehabilitation of Apple Valley
- Apple Valley Villa
- Augustana Open Circle of Apple Valley
- Augustana Emerald Crest of Burnsville
- Augustana Regent at Burnsville
- Augustana Lakeside Apartments of Dassel
- Augustana Lakeside Health Care Center of Dassel
- Augustana Apartments/Cardinal Homes (Fergus Falls)
- Augustana Care Hastings Health and Rehabilitation
- Augustana Park Ridge Apartments of Hastings
- Augustana Chapel View Apartments and Health Care Center (Hopkins)
- Augustana Open Circle of Hopkins
- Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis
- Augustana Health Care Center of Minneapolis
- Signe Burckhardt Manor (Minneapolis)
- St. Paul’s Home Apartments (Minneapolis)
- Thomas T. Feeney Manor (Minneapolis)
- Augustana Open Circle of Heritage Park (Minneapolis)
- Augustana Emerald Crest of Minnetonka
- Brookside Manor (Montevideo)
- Augustana Oakview (Moose Lake)
- Augustana Mercy Health Care Center and Kenwood Place (Moose Lake)
- Augustana Emerald Crest of Shakopee
- The Pines of Richfield
- The Rosemount
- Augustana Emerald Crest of Victoria
- Colorado Opportunities Augustana Elk Run Assisted Living Community (Evergreen)
Read about volunteer Katherine Nicolay
A Lifesaver at North Central University: Volunteer Katherine Nicolay
When she moved to Augustana Apartments in Minneapolis, Katherine Nicolay said, “I didn’t just move here to live here—I need to do something.”
Though she volunteered at three local churches for years before retiring, Katherine had stopped driving and needed volunteer work closer to home. Augustana Apartment’s
Resident Services Coordinator Aimee Robertson found an opportunity across the street from the apartments at North Central University. Katherine has been volunteering in the university registrar’s office for five years now.
“Katherine is a lifesaver,” says Associate Registrar Calli Pettigrew, who counts on Katherine to put students’ files in order. “It’s a big job, and we would be greatly stressed if we had to do it without Katherine’s help,” Calli explains. Katherine has prepared more than 4,200 student files for permanent storage, which amounts to more than 800 files a year for the past five years.
Registrar employees tend to be in their twenties and they benefit tremendously from Katherine’s insights and past academic work experience. “She is a wealth of knowledge and the office would not be the same without her,” says Calli. Katherine still marvels at how Aimee Robertson, now the apartments’ marketing director, was able to connect her to such a perfect opportunity. “It’s my second home,” she says.
“Katherine continues to play an important role in the lives of those around her,” says Aimee. “I’m so glad Augustana Care can be part of that.”
Download a volunteer application here.
Once a completed application is received at Augustana Care, your preferred site to volunteer will contact you with the next step in the volunteer process.